Celebrate Salt Lake City's oldest race series, now in its 39th year! Organized by the Salt Lake City Track Club, this legendary, affordable race series gives back to the community. Help us support the Making Strides program to provide shoes, uniforms, and training to help introduce running to the local Boys and Girls Club.
Special makeup run: If you only completed two events, you can still earn your finisher medal by completing our untimed makeup run on March 25th. We are meeting at the Wasatch Running Center in Sandy. The run will begin at 9 am. You can register for this free run using the "Register Now" button. It is important that you register by March 15th so we can order your medal.
- 5K - January 28, 2017, 10 am
- 10K - February 11, 2017, 10 am
- 15K - February 25, 2017, 10 am (9:00 am start for slower runners)
The races are well timed to help prepare participants for the Salt Lake City marathon and half marathon.
The courses are USATF certified, fast, and record eligible for elite runners, and are also ideal for first time race participants. Because of the later start time (10 am), it's also a terrific race for families.
Check out the bling! Our awards are second to none. We offer:
- A cumulative of $2,250 in gift cards from the Wasatch Running Center to the top male and female open and masters runners in the 3 races
- Unique medal featuring a 3d engraving of the Great Saltair to all series finishers
- Championship plaques to the top three finishers in five-year male and female age divisions
- Jackets to the top open and masters series winners
- Trophies to the top age-grade performances
- RRCA State Championship medals
Other race benefits include
- Generous raffle with prizes from local merchants
- A cotton blend long-sleeve shirt
- Free photographs
- Shelter and refreshments in the Saltair facility
Importantly, it's a very affordable Series: Please help us keep the cost of racing affordable and give back to the community by participating in this event.
Time & Place
Doors to the Great Saltair will open at 8:30 am and the races will begin at 10 a.m. The Great Saltair is located at exit 104 off I-80. Each course is an out and back starting near the parking lot of the pavilion.
Parking is available in front of the Great Saltair.
Long sleeve cotton-blend shirts are included as long as they last.
Awards for the Series
- Unique medal featuring a 3d engraving of the Great Saltair
- Custom plaques to the top three finishers in five-year male and female age divisions
- Jackets to the top three open and masters winners
- Trophies to the top male and female age-grade performances
Awards for each race
- Gift cards to top 3 open male and female: 1st - $100, 2nd - $75, 3rd - $50
- Gift cards to top 3 masters male and female: 1st - $75, 2nd - $50, 3rd - $25
- Ribbons for 1st through 3rd place in age groups, male and female: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Over
A post-race raffle will be held after each race. We have 27 items worth almost a total of $1,000 for the 15k.
Pickup for the 15k will be Thursday, February 23 from 4-8 pm at the Wasatch Running Center in Centerville, and Friday between 11 am and 8 pm at the Wasatch Running Center in Sandy. Race day pickup for the 15k is only for difficult situations and we suggest you arrive between 8:30-9:00 am to avoid lines.
Discount for Club Members
Salt Lake City Track Club members are eligible for a $5 discount on the entry fee for the 10k and 15k. If you are not a member and wish to join, please use the entry form here.
Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the running course.
Strollers are allowed but we ask that you start at the back of the pack.
We're pleased to have Wasatch Running Center as a sponsor of the 39th Winter Series.
The Salt Lake City Track Club is dedicated to promoting the welfare of the Salt Lake running community. Our mission is threefold: provide social running opportunities to runners of all distances, contribute to the running community through donations and volunteerism, and organize several state-of-the-art road races every winter.